When I try to make sense of the past couple decades of my life, it certainly does not follow one path. It does quite a bit of zigging and zagging, and has involved many fits and starts. However, as I get ready to launch my latest endeavor, I am realizing that perhaps all of the serpentining seems to have led me to exactly where I am supposed to be and what I am supposed to be doing.
From public relations account exec, to mom of four, to freelance writer, to magazine editor, to spinning, pilates, and yoga instructor, to author, to TC Writing Studio co-founder, to creative writing teacher and college essay coach for teens, to founder of ModernWell...could there possibly be a method to the above-mentioned madness? I certainly hope so.
Because for the past year, with the help of:
· Domino's Pizza
· Noodles & Company
· a supportive husband, great kids, family and friends
· one year of
o tapping the brains of every business person, entrepreneur, lawyer, writer, wellness advocate, accountant, realtor, and marketing maven who would let me buy them a cup of coffee in exchange for advice, guidance, and feedback...
ModernWell turned from a pipe dream to a reality.
The ModernWell website doesn’t go live for another week or two but I am too excited to wait to tell you all about it so I'm going to give you the gist of it here:
Welcome to MODERNWELL—a women-centered, collaborative work, writing and wellness space opening in Minneapolis in December. ModernWell balances independent spirit with holistic well-being, championing a one-of-a-kind work-life creative community.
ModernWell is located at 2909 Wayzata Blvd., Minneapolis, MN 55405 (the former Baby on Grand store). The stand-alone building conveniently located at Penn Ave. and Hwy 394 has incredible character (part of the building was originally built in 1948 and the rest was updated within the last ten years). It boasts gorgeous wood floors, floor to (very high) ceiling windows throughout, and a warm, inspiring atmosphere that lends itself beautifully to the membership-based community that features:
- private offices and designated desks for rent
- conference rooms, consult rooms for rent
- a designated quiet (no cell phones, no talking) workspace area
- an open cooperative work/social area, a variety of seating options (soft seating as well as coffee shop-like seating)
- a podcast room
- wellness room (aka nap/relaxation room)
- lending library
- complimentary coffee, tea, snacks
- printer/fax machine
- yoga/meditation/pilates classes
- massage room
- ModernWell Writing Studio: offering writing classes covering in a wide variety of genres (poetry, fiction, non-fiction, YA, memoir, screen writing) as well as workshops on social media, blogging, podcasting, writing for/pitching to magazines, and much more!
- ongoing workshops, lunch and learns, "happiness" hours
- speaker series
- ModernWell Book Club
- author events
- book signings
- ModernWell Mom's Club
- and much more!
You can access the many exciting classes and workshops, along with membership information at modernwell.co In the mean time, make sure to follow ModernWell on InstaGram: https://www.instagram.com/modernwellco/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ModernWellCo/
Am beyond thrilled and grateful to be able to offer ModernWell to the women of the Twin Cities and beyond. Please feel free to reach out to me at julieBburton@gmail.com with any questions!